Band Application Process
PLEASE NOTE: The deadline has passed to submit your band for consideration for the 2018 Summer Nights on the Green concert series. Please check back in November 2018, to be considered for the 2019 series. Thank you.
2018 Summer Nights on the Green Band Selection Guidelines
The Band Selection Committee (made up of residents and staff) is now accepting application for it's annual Summer Nights on the Green concert series. The committee will review CDs, electronic files and band websites submitted between September 1 and December 31, 2017.
2018 Concert Dates
Town of Windsor-sponsored concerts: June 7, 14, 21, 28; July 12, 19, 26; August 2.
Windsor Farmers Market-sponsored concerts: August 9, 16, 23, 30 (Please note: Windsor Farmers Market makes their own band selection.)
Band selection guidelines:
- Family-friendly entertainment with broad, inter-generational appeal
- Excellent musicianship and a large portion of danceable music
- Strong preference for cover bands
- Availability for sound check between 3:00 and 4:30 p.m.
- Performance from 6 – 8 p.m. with a 10- to 15-minute intermission
- No alcohol on stage
- No suggestive commentary, lyrics or gestures
What we offer:
- In its 17th year, a well-established event with county-wide renown
- Great exposure to big crowds
- Spacious, grassy venue in the heart of Old Downtown Windsor
- Appreciative audiences who love to dance
- Certified Farmers Market and fabulous food vendor booths
- Professional sound enhancement and technician
- Green Room
- Opportunity to sell band’s CDs and merchandise with 100% back to artist
Applications will be accepted until December 31, 2017.
The bands selected to play in the 2018 concert series will be notified by February 15, 2018.
To be considered for the 2018 Summer Nights on the Green concert series, please complete the following application form: